Done Done Done

Category: , By Christian
For the first time in the history of our relationship, Stacy and I will experience a September that is devoid of the academy. No school whatsoever. And the icing on the cake is that fact that in two months, Stacy's intern year will be over and thus ends what will probably go down as one of the craziest years we will experience as a family. And to think, it didn't even include any trips to Asia to add family members.

As I was reflecting on the seminary experience a couple of weeks ago I was thinking about what that diploma says. (That diploma that is sitting at the seminary at this moment because I set it down to pick up a small child, and then forgot about it) It says a lot about the hours that I spent in class. It says a lot about the late nights I spent reading and writing.

But the diploma also says a lot about other people in my life. It is a statement that I have an incredibly loving and patient wife. When you read between the lines, there are statements about how I had great professors who taught well. The diploma addresses the fact that without parents, in-laws and an amazing nanny, Elli wouldn't be the joyful well-adjusted child she is now, because the stress of the past semester would have wiped her out.

Most of all it says a lot about God. Because I was a punk kid who didn't really want to embrace the ministry thing for a while, but God showed patience. And God showed grace to bring me to a city that I didn't really want to come to, but that held the perfect seminary for me. And then God did me a huge favor by surrounding me with people who taught me how to handle the Bible with grace and humility, and how to use that knowledge to share with others how amazing God's story is.

And so it is over. I exhale. I enjoy my family. I resolve to do everything I can to make the most of the experience.

Fair Dinkum
 

0 comments so far.

Something to say?