Use The Force

Category: , By Christian

Big Happy Birthday shout out to George Lucas. Sigh. I do love George's work.

I also love the above political propaganda set to the Star Wars theme. I'm such a sucker for Star Wars. This commercial is sooooo in my top 3 all time fav political ads. The other two are the Obama Yes We Can video, and the Huckabee/Chuck Norris smackdown.

The good news is that even though this Obama ad was pretty long, it came nowhere near close to exhausting the Star Wars material fit for consumption. I propose a contest between the three remaining campaigns to come up with the best Star Wars ad possible. The good news for the other two is that Obama has already shown his hand. They have the opportunity to respond to some of the claims in the ad, while adding their own little sass.

Just in case they are having a hard time thinking of good quotes to incorporate into their ads, let me help:

  • I find your lack of faith disturbing. (Vader)
  • That's right, yeah. Got some old debts I gotta pay off with this stuff. Even if I didn't, you don't think I'd be fool enough to stick around here, do you? Why don't you come with us? You're pretty good in a fight. We could use you. (Solo)
  • Now don't you forget this! Why I should stick my neck out for you is far beyond my capacity! (C3P0)
  • I don't know who you are or where you've come from, but from now on you'll do as I say, okay? (Princess L.)
  • Who's the more foolish: The fool, or the fool who follows him? (Obi Wan)
  • Aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper? (Princess L.)
  • I felt a great disturbance in the Force, as if millions of voices suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced. I fear something terrible has happened. (Obi Wan)
  • You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy (Obi Wan)
  • I thought these things smelled bad on the outside. (Solo)
  • Aaaaaaaarrrrrrrrhhhghhhghghghghghghghghg (Chewbacca)

For the record, I expect some type of recognition as Associate Producer.

Fair Dinkum
 

1 comment so far.

  1. adam paul 9:14 PM
    i used to bullseye womp rats in my t16 back home! they're not much bigger than 2 meters!

Something to say?