The U2 Countdown: Window in the Skies

Category: By Christian
Word on the street is that U2 is dropping a new album in October. You know what that means? Awesomeness. AND...a 2009 or 2010 tour.

Just so we don't go into shock when all of this finally goes down, I decided to start a new feature on the blog. There are tons of U2 songs that everyone has heard before. But there are also a lot that are unfamiliar to the average music fan. I thought it would be fun to talk a little bit about those songs so that when the next album arrives we will be worked up into a full lather.

Today's entry is my new favorite unofficial Easter song, Window in the Skies. If Bono's voice wasn't so distinctive, I'd email all of the worship pastors I know and tell them that I just heard the best new Christ Tomlin song. Then we could actually sing it at church.

The rule has been disproved,
The stone it has been moved,
The grave is now a groove,
All debts are removed...
Oh can't you see what love has done?


For real, dogg. That's tight. And though the video is low budget, I thought it was really well done.



Now I cannot in good conscience tell you to run out and purchase the U218 album if you already have a bunch of U2 cd's sitting around. After all, it's a bunch of previously released singles with a couple of new songs on it. But if you don't have much U2 in your library, it's a good buy.

Fair Dinkum
 

1 comment so far.

  1. Dori 4:55 PM
    oh my...the song...the video...wow...

Something to say?