My2K6: Sports

Category: By Christian
I witnessed a lot of great sports moments this year. I believe none of them occurred at Royals games that I attended, though I could be mistaken. Let's hope that 2007 will hold some happier Royals memories for me. As for 2006, the highlights include...

*Going to a KU basketball game with my dad, just like we used to go to Blazers games back in the day.

*Watching the opening game of the NFL football season at 8am on a 19-inch TV in my Vietnam hotel room. It was a pretty big deal at the time. I was in need of some serious encouragement after 18 hours of severe butt vomit. Was "butt vomit" a bit much? Sorry. It might be a bit vivid, but it really captures the depths of my despair.

*Watching the World Cup on tv. It was great. I even watched a taped game in Hutchinson, KS though the US broke my heart by failing to put away Ghana that day.

*The highlight of the year was certainly watching the BCS National Championship game in a Nashville Sports Bar. I usually don't like watching sports in such environs because it keeps me from really being able to concentrate, but this was a special night. The game was amazing, the nachos were to die for and I got to really let loose. Some people probable thought I was drunk, though I can assure you that I was completely sober. I can't really blame them though, because every time USC would do something good I would jump on my friend Adam Paul's back and sing the USC fight song as he carried me around all of the Texas fans. I just really dislike Texas. Whey didn't we let them break away from the nation when we had the chance? Oh well. The funniest moment of the night was when Adam Paul and I were visiting with a drunk white man. The conversation went something like this...

Drunk Guy: Dude, what's up with your brother?
Me: He's not my brother.
Drunk Guy: What?
Adam Paul: I'm white and he's black.
Drunk Guy (whispering to me): Dude, I think your friend is a prejudice (sic).

You heard it here first, folks. Adam Paul is a prejudice. Whatever the heck that is.

Fair Dinkum
 

1 comment so far.

  1. adam paul 10:54 AM
    oh man. what a night THAT was.
    that could potentially be the highlight night of the year.

Something to say?