Value 2

Category: By Christian
We have values at The Hope Center. Four of them. At least that's how many we have in our training manual.

Value #2 - We believe that the power of Christ, as expressed through loving relationships, is a powerful force for change.

It takes a long time to develop loving relationships. A really long time. You have to earn respect. You have to prove your ability to love. You have to show a faithfulness like that of Christ who keeps pursuing us no matter what.

I finally understand that.

We started programming this week, and for the first time I feel like I am getting through to the boys. Yeah. I've been working at The Hope Center for close to two years. That's one heck of an introduction phase.

But that's what it takes. Enter a world of constant change and people are going to want to make sure you are willing to stick around for a while. I know I'm stating to earn my stripes because parents actually sound happy when I call now. They call me back when I leave voice messages. They invite me to important events in the boy's lives.

So I think we are going to have a good year. It's good to have the boys back, and it's fun to see their growth as they get older. But the crazy thing is that a lot of people say you really start to hit stride in urban ministry after three years. Dang.

I guess I have something to look forward to next year.

Renew and Restore
 

0 comments so far.

Something to say?