Mother's Day

Category: By Christian
Clear out the spit valve and cover your ears, because I'm about to toot my own horn.

I'm a really good cook. The mother's day menu last night consisted of: Fillet Oscar (14oz fillet topped with crab meat and hollandaise sauce), steamed broccoli, garlic mashed potatoes, mixed green salad with pears and candied walnuts, and fresh rolls. I killed it. Absolutely killed it.

Stacy deserved it. She's a great mom. Elli thinks so too.

I also have a great mother. Granted, she's also a little sneaky.

Back when I was a senior in high school, I was working at a high profile retail store in downtown. It was a great gig. Well, one day I was packing a lunch for the day when my mother graciously volunteered to pack it for me. Score! I left her to her graciousness, and continued to get ready upstairs.

Sufficiently primped, I scurried out to the garage to meet her in the car. We had a lovely drive downtown, and then she stopped to let me off in the middle of the Saturday afternoon lunch. But first things first, she reached into the back seat to hand me my lunch before I made the dash across the street.

Wouldn't you know it? My mom packed my lunch in a distinctive pink Victoria's Secret bag. She was absolutely tickled with herself. I mean, what was I going to do? Give up my sustanance for the day? Heck no. I needed my selling strength. With no other option or recourse, I grabbed the sack, carried it across the street, and put it in the staff fridge.

Veeeeeeery funny, mom.

In honor of all great moms everywhere, I would like to share the following two videos with you.





Fair Dinkum
 

1 comment so far.

  1. Jennifer 10:02 PM
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! those are great videos! especially the first one b/c i could totally see my brothers acting the exact same way! thanks for the laugh:)
    ps-you think you could teach my husband to cook like that?!

Something to say?